Bitcoin Address Utility is an open-source program I maintain which does a variety of things. In general, whenever I write a Bitcoin-related utility, I tend to add it to this program, so it has become a “Swiss army knife” hodgepodge of various things I have created. This program runs natively under Windows, but because it was written in C# it will also run under Linux and Mac OS using Mono, a free software tool that allows C# / .NET programs to run without Windows.
The source code can be found on github at https://github.com/casascius/Bitcoin-Address-Utility
The binary can be downloaded from my website at https://casascius.com/btcaddress-alpha.zip (this file also includes the source code from which it was built).
- A calculator that lets you convert between private and public keys, hex and base58, bitcoin and altcoin addresses, etc.
- Bulk Bitcoin address generator
- Paper wallet printer
- Decrypter for encrypted private keys
- Self-escrow utility
- Intermediate code generator (used for creating encrypted paper wallets)
- Physical bitcoin insert printer (the small round private key paper found in Casascius Coins)
Announcements on Bitcointalk I have made related to this utility:
- Bitcoin Address Utility I made (July 2011)
- Passphrase-protected private key format BIP proposal (November 2012)
- Do-it-yourself Escrow with two-factor address utility (December 2012)
- Publicly released some of the magic potion that goes into physical bitcoins (December 2012)